- Clinics will normally start on time.
- During pre-booked appointment clinics we expect patients to be seen without undue delay. In the event of any delay we will inform patients and offer an explanation.
- When a GP is called away on an emergency we will inform the patients and keep them updated until they are seen or support them to re-book an alternative appointment.
During the period from July to December 2017, due to patients not attending their appointments and not informing the Practice of cancellations, the Practice could have offered:
- 171 patients an appointment with the nurse
- 124 patients an appointment with the GP/ANP
This equates to number of hours wasted:
- 42.75 nurses’ hours wasted
- 20.6 ANP/GPs’ hours wasted
- 9 Minor Surgery Appointment hours wasted
Please use our services responsibly. Do not waste our Doctors’ and Nurses’ time!
Notify the Practice in good time if you no longer wish to keep your appointment or are unable to attend. Reception staff will help you to cancel or re-arrange your appointment for a more convenient time.
These wasted appointments could have been offered to other patients and contribute to a more efficient use of the service.
A more efficient service would in turn decrease waiting times!